Monday, October 19, 2009

Day of Firsts

I tried to post last night but was not working, so try again today. Also today he stuck his hand on his poopy bottom, and it was everywhere. He also now knows how to use the trash can....

Nothing too exciting going on. Getting into a routine of eating, dressing, napping, and playing in between. Today he went poop on the little potty chair for the first time with me. Not really pushing the issue but my coordinator thought we should continue what they were doing at the baby hospital. Then this afternoon we were at the playground at the hotel and he teeter tottered for the first time with some other children his same age. Finally for the first time we reviewed body parts in English and Russian and he copied me the first time. He is such a smart child, copying everything he sees.

Well not much else, mom is counting down the days, not a whole lot to do today. Mom went with the coordinator today to go to the grocery store and the baby store. No Wal-Mart here, you have to go to separate stores, but at least they are next to each other.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Ginger, It sounds like you all are doing great. I can't wait to meet Maks. Patti B.

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you and your family! I can't wait to talk when you return home with your son. Take care and travel safely. Fell better soon, Maks!

My Journey

Back in December I decided that I wanted to adopt. I have known since I was very young that it was something I wanted to do, and that feeling has never changed. I then decided I would like to adopt internationally and after much research decided that Russia was the country for me. So in January I sent in my application and began the long process of collecting various documents, pictures, and had my home assessed to see if it would be a good environment for a child. This is all complete and my dossier was submitted to Russia the first week of June and I am now awaiting a referal of an infant or toddler boy. This wait now can take 2-6 months. I would love to share this journey with my family and friends, and will definately need your support between trips when I am missing my little boy and our new family member. My neices and nephews are so excited to have a cousin on the Protzman side. I know my little boy will be so loved and I feel so blessed to be able to give my child a home and family he may not of had otherwise.

So feel free to leave any posts with questions and comments and I look forward to reading and answering them. I will try and keep things updated regularly, and slowly add things to this blog as I learn how to do so.

Welcome to my blog.

Ginger