Monday, October 19, 2009

He seems to remember.

Today I saw Maksim for the first time since leaving in August. It was so great, he saw me, got a huge smile on his face and then came to me and gave me a hug. He seems like the same little boy I met, maybe he can say a few more words. He continues to be very smart, very inquisitive, and very interested in everything that is going on. Lots of energy, and he just responded with very flirtatious looks to the caregivers when they spoke to him in Russian. I think he is going to be a little flirt. I so look forward to the changes he makes in life. Well need to get some rest. Thanks for your support.

Ginger

2 comments:

K said...

WOW, so you're already there!?!?! SOOO excited for you. Best of luck with the whole process! I'll be thinking and praying for you and Maks both! Love ya!

Kathy

Marla Modesitt said...

So happy and can't wait to be where you are!!!

All my best to you and Maks :-)

My Journey

Back in December I decided that I wanted to adopt. I have known since I was very young that it was something I wanted to do, and that feeling has never changed. I then decided I would like to adopt internationally and after much research decided that Russia was the country for me. So in January I sent in my application and began the long process of collecting various documents, pictures, and had my home assessed to see if it would be a good environment for a child. This is all complete and my dossier was submitted to Russia the first week of June and I am now awaiting a referal of an infant or toddler boy. This wait now can take 2-6 months. I would love to share this journey with my family and friends, and will definately need your support between trips when I am missing my little boy and our new family member. My neices and nephews are so excited to have a cousin on the Protzman side. I know my little boy will be so loved and I feel so blessed to be able to give my child a home and family he may not of had otherwise.

So feel free to leave any posts with questions and comments and I look forward to reading and answering them. I will try and keep things updated regularly, and slowly add things to this blog as I learn how to do so.

Welcome to my blog.

Ginger