Monday, October 19, 2009

So far so good.

On Friday I had court, which is very interesting. Very official, nerve racking, interesting questions and a formality. But all went well and they felt I would be a good mother to Maksim. So once back to the hotel we tried to eat lunch, and then we played, he slept some on the way home so I did not try for an afternoon nap with him. Maks is use to a nap around 10 am and around 2pm. Then in the evening around 7 pm we started to get ready for bed. One thing is definate he shows very clear signs of being ready for bed.

He slept through the night, did have a blazing temperature, but he woke enough and took his medicine like a champ. Then he woke again aroudn 730 am after I started making some noise to wake him up. We messed with breakfast some, first porrige with bananas, did not really like, then we mixed with applesause, which was the way to go. He took a nap at 1030 am and then awoke for lunch. For lunch we mixed some baby food(meat and veggie) with some water and bread. Maks loves bread. We forwent the afternoon nap b/c he did not really seem ready for one. Tonight mom cooked some chicken with veggies and potatoes with some bread. Went well for a little bit but then started spitting it out. So who finished it? Me. Is this what I have gotten myself into finishing my child's food? That is okay. Then we topped it off with some pears and cream, and then later some crackers and then later a cookie.

So this is my second night with Maks. So far so good. Last night he went down pretty easily, tonight I had him down a littler early, and then the phone rang and so I had to start all over. I did not think he would be too picky with food b/c of the way he loves to eat, but I was wrong about that. He definately has his moments and drinking fluids has been hard too. He is sick right now, occasionally having a fever, last night up to 102.5 axillary thank goodness takes his medicine like a champ.

I will be taking it one day and one night at a time. Unfortunately there is not a lot to do around here. But we have everything we absolutely need. Today we did laundry in Russian...haha.. the words on the machine were in Russian but we figured it out. Thank goodness my mother is here with me, she has been so helpful, and thank goodness my father is helping at home with the house and cats.

Well the time changes here tonight, so for a week will only be 15 hours ahead of you all. So right now it is 8:50pm Saturday here, and currently 4:50 am Saturday in mid MO. So tomorrow it will still be today in US. Sorry just love having fun with the time difference. Okay better get some rest myself.

Gooodnight.
Ginger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger,

Glad it is going so well. You are my adoption inspiration. I'm still waiting for my second trip dates. Stavropol...ug. I love that you have fun with the time zones. I messed it up my first call and phoned my friends in US at 4am US time. They were champs about it though and didn't even let on it was so early. I thought it was ~9pm or so when I called and couldn't figure out why they were so tired.

Once again I've forgotten my password.

Yetta

Scott and Brenda said...

Hey Ginter,

Sounds like everything is going great! Have you told him about his "family" in Atlanta MO yet? We can't wait to meet him!

You're in my thoughts and prayers every day.
Take Care and Be Safe,
Aunt Brenda

My Journey

Back in December I decided that I wanted to adopt. I have known since I was very young that it was something I wanted to do, and that feeling has never changed. I then decided I would like to adopt internationally and after much research decided that Russia was the country for me. So in January I sent in my application and began the long process of collecting various documents, pictures, and had my home assessed to see if it would be a good environment for a child. This is all complete and my dossier was submitted to Russia the first week of June and I am now awaiting a referal of an infant or toddler boy. This wait now can take 2-6 months. I would love to share this journey with my family and friends, and will definately need your support between trips when I am missing my little boy and our new family member. My neices and nephews are so excited to have a cousin on the Protzman side. I know my little boy will be so loved and I feel so blessed to be able to give my child a home and family he may not of had otherwise.

So feel free to leave any posts with questions and comments and I look forward to reading and answering them. I will try and keep things updated regularly, and slowly add things to this blog as I learn how to do so.

Welcome to my blog.

Ginger