Monday, October 19, 2009

So much going on.

I know it has been awhile since I have posted, but so much to do. Maksim's room is pretty much done, except for maybe pictures I want to hang on the wall. The world is painted and looks awesome, there are planes on the other walls that I painted on, and the dresser is painted. Oh and he now has a cute little toddler bed I think he will love.

Also my very special friend, Alla, threw me an adoption shower October 3rd and my friends were so generous in all they gave. I was just overwhelmed by how much great stuff I received, my head was spinning by the end of the day. I am very fortunate to have such good friends.

Soon after the shower I received travel dates to go to court in Russia and bring Maksim home. I am very excited, but at the same time very guarded and nervous due to the failed first trip still haunting me occasionally. I just have to remember things happen for a reason. Now I get to be off with Maks all through the holidays. I am so very blessed.

I just want to thank all of you for your support and prayers. I know I have some really true friends out there that will last a lifetime.

Ginger

2 comments:

K said...

Great to see an update! Even better to hear you are going soon to bring him home! When do you go back? So glad your friends showered you!

Iraida and Valeria Sofia said...

Ohhh Ginger!!! What a blessing - spending the holidays with your son. Yes, everything happens for a GOOD reason...
Can't wait to see pictures of the finished room.

My Journey

Back in December I decided that I wanted to adopt. I have known since I was very young that it was something I wanted to do, and that feeling has never changed. I then decided I would like to adopt internationally and after much research decided that Russia was the country for me. So in January I sent in my application and began the long process of collecting various documents, pictures, and had my home assessed to see if it would be a good environment for a child. This is all complete and my dossier was submitted to Russia the first week of June and I am now awaiting a referal of an infant or toddler boy. This wait now can take 2-6 months. I would love to share this journey with my family and friends, and will definately need your support between trips when I am missing my little boy and our new family member. My neices and nephews are so excited to have a cousin on the Protzman side. I know my little boy will be so loved and I feel so blessed to be able to give my child a home and family he may not of had otherwise.

So feel free to leave any posts with questions and comments and I look forward to reading and answering them. I will try and keep things updated regularly, and slowly add things to this blog as I learn how to do so.

Welcome to my blog.

Ginger