Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sorry it has been awhile since I last posted while here in Russia. Things have been pretty busy with a toddler running around and I got very sick. Lets just say I got some stomach bug or food poisening and could not keep anything down for about 48 hours. I was to the point of wanting IV fluids. I am all better now, and feeling stronger everyday. I am very grateful my mother was here to help. I was absolutely useless for about a day and a half. Poor Maks, I am sure he got confused why all of a sudden this other woman was doing everything, and where was mama. No worries though, Maks is doing great. Paperwork continues to get processed and gathered and hopefully departing home soon. My mother and I cannot wait to sleep in our own bed. I have to say that is probably the one comfort of home I miss the most. I also cannot wait for Maks to see his new home, bedroom, and toys.

Also, I just want to give a big shout out to all my friends and of course my father and say thanks, you all have been great helping get some extra things ready before we come home that I did not anticipate needing. Well need to get some rest for an early day tomorrow. (having problems posting also so have not posted so often)

1 comment:

Iraida and Valeria Sofia said...

Ginger;
I haven't read your blog for awhile so this is a huge suprise for me. Wow!!! You are already a mom - Congratulations!!!
I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to see pictures of little Maks.

Congratulations again and safe travels.

Iraida

My Journey

Back in December I decided that I wanted to adopt. I have known since I was very young that it was something I wanted to do, and that feeling has never changed. I then decided I would like to adopt internationally and after much research decided that Russia was the country for me. So in January I sent in my application and began the long process of collecting various documents, pictures, and had my home assessed to see if it would be a good environment for a child. This is all complete and my dossier was submitted to Russia the first week of June and I am now awaiting a referal of an infant or toddler boy. This wait now can take 2-6 months. I would love to share this journey with my family and friends, and will definately need your support between trips when I am missing my little boy and our new family member. My neices and nephews are so excited to have a cousin on the Protzman side. I know my little boy will be so loved and I feel so blessed to be able to give my child a home and family he may not of had otherwise.

So feel free to leave any posts with questions and comments and I look forward to reading and answering them. I will try and keep things updated regularly, and slowly add things to this blog as I learn how to do so.

Welcome to my blog.

Ginger