Saturday, November 21, 2009

Home

Well we have all been home over a week now. We are starting to finally settle down in to a routine. We arrived home November 12th after midnight sometime and we had several long nights. Maks has had a difficult time adjusting to the time change, but that is to be expected. He did not understand. Now we are up around 8am, nap between 2-4pm and to bed between 8-9pm. It is fun to watch him explore everything. It is all so new to him, it is not as if he has grown up around all the tiny things in my house so he has to check them out. This has been a learning experience for me and him. He has learned to say "hi" and "bye" in English though not consistantly, calls me Mama sometimes. He says give and take in Russian still. He is having such a great time learning about everything. He is starting to be gentle with the cats. They have been so patient with Maks. He likes to just lay on top of Sam and Sam just tolerates it. Hopefully I can write more later, I just wanted to say hello we are home and post a picture, now that I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear everything is settling in. He looks great. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm off on trip 2 to stavropol but they say there will definately be a trip 3 for me.

Yetta

April~ said...

Hi Ginger! Congratulations on your little man! You don't know me, my name is April and my husband and I are just beginning our Russian adoption paperwork. I was just wondering - could you share some information with me that perhaps you were surprised by? Things maybe they didn't prepare you for? Also, what agency did you go through and if you don't mind sharing - how much was the total cost? I know that is personal, so if you don't want to share that is fine. It's just that I see anywhere between 20 and 40 - thousand...well that is a big difference...so I just want to know what we shoud prepare for, and if you had any luck with grants...just anything you can share. We will be adopting from the Arkangelesk region. My e-mail address is aprilsroufe@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from you!! April~

My Journey

Back in December I decided that I wanted to adopt. I have known since I was very young that it was something I wanted to do, and that feeling has never changed. I then decided I would like to adopt internationally and after much research decided that Russia was the country for me. So in January I sent in my application and began the long process of collecting various documents, pictures, and had my home assessed to see if it would be a good environment for a child. This is all complete and my dossier was submitted to Russia the first week of June and I am now awaiting a referal of an infant or toddler boy. This wait now can take 2-6 months. I would love to share this journey with my family and friends, and will definately need your support between trips when I am missing my little boy and our new family member. My neices and nephews are so excited to have a cousin on the Protzman side. I know my little boy will be so loved and I feel so blessed to be able to give my child a home and family he may not of had otherwise.

So feel free to leave any posts with questions and comments and I look forward to reading and answering them. I will try and keep things updated regularly, and slowly add things to this blog as I learn how to do so.

Welcome to my blog.

Ginger