Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 17, 2008

I am sure a lot of you are wondering what has been happening. Those who know me, know I am not a person of many words, but I will do my best here.

My dossier was submitted to a few different regions (don't know which ones) in Russia near the beginning of June 2008. My agency knows I am not in a big hurry because I am unable to take maternity leave until the middle of November 2008. Also things really slow down in Russia as far as referrals of children, from what I hear, in the summer. August is their big vacation season and things are a little different there. Here, someone usually covers for you at work when you are off, but there it sounds, for an example if a judge goes on vacation for 3 wks his/her court is closed for 3 wks. I could be completely wrong though. So anyhow, here it is about 2.5 months after my dossier was submitted and I am just waiting.

I am really not ready, but I hesitate to fix up his bedroom or buy too much until everything is more certain. My wonderful neighbors are going to plan a shower for me probably after my first trip and I am very excited about that. I am sure I will get lots of things I would of never thought of to get that I will need. The other thing is I have not bought a lot of clothes because I am not sure of sizes yet. So I know a lot of this will come down to the wire. I am really looking forward to my first trip, just not sure when that will be.

Thanks for joining in my journey.

Ginger

2 comments:

Brian Rogers said...

Wow. You have a great Blog. My son-in-law, Ben Shive, created my Blog and I have been posting ever since January. I have learned as I post. I have no idea of how to add a clock to your Blog, but will forward your request to Ben and maybe he can help you. They are pretty busy this week as Beth is going in to the hospital to have their #4 child. They have been told it is a girl. Sometimes they are wrong. Jude is their oldest and he is 5. Good luck and God bless your quest to adopt. BRIAN

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger! I haven't been to your blog site for quite a while, so I didn't know how easy it would be to post a comment now.
We are SOOOO looking forward to being together in Jefferson City for Christmas. Only 20 days! tricia

My Journey

Back in December I decided that I wanted to adopt. I have known since I was very young that it was something I wanted to do, and that feeling has never changed. I then decided I would like to adopt internationally and after much research decided that Russia was the country for me. So in January I sent in my application and began the long process of collecting various documents, pictures, and had my home assessed to see if it would be a good environment for a child. This is all complete and my dossier was submitted to Russia the first week of June and I am now awaiting a referal of an infant or toddler boy. This wait now can take 2-6 months. I would love to share this journey with my family and friends, and will definately need your support between trips when I am missing my little boy and our new family member. My neices and nephews are so excited to have a cousin on the Protzman side. I know my little boy will be so loved and I feel so blessed to be able to give my child a home and family he may not of had otherwise.

So feel free to leave any posts with questions and comments and I look forward to reading and answering them. I will try and keep things updated regularly, and slowly add things to this blog as I learn how to do so.

Welcome to my blog.

Ginger